Some Facts about JKPA
The JKPA offers support to all kidney patients in Jersey
- Any kidney patient in Jersey, their family members, friends and well wishers can become a member of the JKPA.
- The JKPA is a charitable organisation run by volunteers. A committee of nine members is appointed annually to run the Association.
- The JKPA has the ability to fundraised and accept donations.
- The money the JKPA raises is distributed on a discretionary basis following an application by a kidney patient or their carers.
- All applications are dealt with in the strictest of confidence by a team from the committee who are not patients themselves.
- Applications can be made for any item, for any amount, but preference will be given to medical bills, dental bills, utility bills and items that increase the welfare and wellbeing of the patient. As the JKPA is a charity, thorough checks are made to ensure that all applications are genuine.
- The JKPA is also able to provide emotional support for patients and their families. JKPA volunteers can help patients to find solutions to their own problems and patients often find that it is helpful to speak to others who have faced the same problems and challenges.
- The JKPA also organises social events where patients, family and friends can meet.